Sunday 3 June 2007

Damn the Divils Nose

.......active man keith, for four days in Baños I hiked, biked and talked. Then a darkness came. A movement inside that was unmistakable. A bubble and push through my intestines which could only mean one thing. A night on the pot, begging for mercy, or even a respite from an an evil adversary. I won, beating it in one day. Then it was time to say goodbye to the mountains, volcanoes and waterfalls that make Baños beautiful.......
......Riobamba is ugly. The only reason to visit this town is a train ride known as La nariz De Diablo. So arriving a day early made sence, to ensure a place on the train shaped Satins snot. Riobambas grey streets greeted me. Full of teenagers drinking beer outside off-licenses because there are no bars in the town. I hid in my hotel room with my cable TV and waited until the morning to buy my ticket. a grey sun rose(seriously) and bustling in the street woke me early. it was market day. Something to keep me occupied. I went to the train station and asked what time the office opened at. A orange blazered guy told me 3. So I returned there at 3 after a morning trapsing around fish markets. I found a queue. I got in line. It took ten minutes to get to the front. I asked for a ticket. The response knocked me out. Full. No more. it was 3.05pm. The orange clad man came over. Bus to Aloisi? I asked him what time the office opened. He said two. I roared at him, my anger uncontrollable. Riobamba really has nothing there. I told him to place his bus up his arse(my Spanish is improving) and took it out on the grey tarmac of Riobamba.........Then I headed to Cuenca.

No comments: