Saturday 10 February 2007

Adios Me hi co

It took 12 long grueling hours to get from San Cristobal to Antigua in a shuttle bus. This miniture buses serve only to cramp up every muscle in my body and making my arse numb, anything could of happenned. This Antigua place has an Irish bar, and I have a house keeper here. Her name is Anna and think of the little fella from Fantasy Island only for a woman.
....there is a certain stereotype of a backpacker that is usually scruffy, long hair or dreads, ethnic clothing, it doesn´t matter from where just once its made by some poor villager whose tribe us Europeans whipped out with the flu and an certain air of body odour because thay have not washed in a week because its what the natives do. These people stick to their own kind. When they see me a lobster red t-shirt wearing gringo come into a hostel they think Gringo who will feck off home after two weeks. They are the equivolent to travel snobs, making snap judgements about everyone who doesn´t look dirty, and dosen´t smell of petulia oil or whatever is native to these parts. bums, I´ve even seen some begging here. For fucks sake.
I am in Guatemala now, where everything is slightly more nuts than Mexico. It was late when I got here but it seems quaint and colonial. With 3 huge volcanoes surrounding it and the fact that it was destroyed three times over the years does not make me nervous at all.
After

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

george you dummie.