Saturday 27 January 2007

Making Friends With Republicans

Buenos Dias,
7am is when it started. A trusty taxi man picked me up. It was uneventful as you can imagine until I tried to check in. Due to terrorism laws in the states I was required to have a return flight regardless of the fact I did not intend to stay there. The return had to be within 3 months and it cost me a shed load of money all fully redeenable though. It was annoying. So this trip started off with the same confusion as the last one ended. Horror in the airport.
The flight was long and hard or should I say four flights. At least I had 2 seats to myself but the plane was in bits and the camp staff flaming.
On the flight from Chicago to Dallas I met a Republican. I did not realise this until I started moaning about the inadequacies of the Bush administration. A bad move considering Dallas is a, in Texas, and b beside a huge military base. I was surrounded by soldiers wives and soldiers themselves. I plead ignorance which did the trick. She gave me her card and told me to keep in contact. She said she would pray for me and hunt me down when she comes to find her Oirish roots. Nice lady for not exposing me to the rest of the plane though.
More over than not this is just a message to say I arrived safely, all connections worked and its cold here and raining which will put a smile on your faces. Now I have to decide on where to go from here. South to the sun I imagine and outside to see what all the commotion is about. Theres a band playing at 10 am. Thanks for all the good wishes I just hope this blog is entertaining enough for you to keep checking.
Adios amigos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I'm not visiting the many sites of Central/South America so any distraction from the daily grind is a welcome relief. Keep 'em coming Keith! Take care. Love Vic xxx

Unknown said...

so you had the chance to take down an entire plane of republicans and you didn't even try? shame on you. colm

Unknown said...

how does dis ting know me name is eileen ? ...creepy ! - your blog is deadly, as good as being there, without the hassle and heat !! - will be checkin in regularly so keep em coming - will be thinkin of you in the library at 10 next sat am when all the ballymun scribblers next meet !