Monday 16 April 2007

Finca Life

,,,....I sat down on a sunwarped garden chair outside a small comida on a dirt road. The road is threatened daily by shadows from two huge volcanoes, Volcan Madera and the perfect cone Volcan Cocepcion. Green flies formed funnels around my head and my ankles were slowly being colonised by ants of every description. Lazy flea infested dogs lay comatose around the table. I ordered my food, beans, rice, salad and recently killed chicken. (I heard it scream) Then I waited. My cohorts waited. The fleas, dogs and until then unseen pigs waited. For one hour we waited. We were the only ones there, but we waited. I passed the time trying to whipe the green fly from the face of the planet, but those buggers are determined. Then our food arrived, served with accompanying extra black flies. It was damn good. This was one of the better places.,,......
......Finca Zapolita, a eco friendly mecca if ever there was one. They don´t even believe in putting a dirt road up to their shacks. With only the above mentioned restaurant nearby I had to cook for myself for the first time in three whole months. EVERYTHING is grown, milked, blended, composted and recycled there. Which means the selection is limited. Very. I changed my diet from beans and rice to pasta and tomato sauce so fresh it was still warm. The best thing is the fresh bread and yoghurt. Everthing else is bland. Yet sleeping in a hammock did teach me those things aren´t as comfortable as the look. Plus you have the added bonus of being attacked by huge insects who seem to be very found of me,
Good bye
Happy Birthday to the Godson Connall. , and the brudder George.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see from your pictures that you are mutating into a some sort of human lobster. That must be interesting.